I’ll be pretty busy this weekend. On Friday, I’m getting together with some gal pals of mine who I never see because A) We live on opposite ends of the city, B) Most of them have babies and C) Our schedules rarely match enough so we can all get together.
On Saturday at 8:30pm sharp, hubby and I will be participating in Earth Hour and I strongly encourage you to do the same! Together, we can break last year’s record! If you’re not sure what to do during this hour without lights, here are some suggestions, taken from the official site and moi:
1. Attend a local Earth Hour event or organise your own by throwing an Earth Hour street party with your neighbours
2. Gather family & friends for a night picnic in your local park and look at the stars
3. Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight
4. Organise a treasure hunt in the dark
5. Take the dog for a night walk
6. Have a candle-lit bath
7. Sit in the dark and share stories
8. Organise a family night playing board games
9. Share a romantic night in with your loved one
10.Get ‘freakay’ with your partner. *cue sexy music* Bowchickabow!
Can you guess which suggestions is mine? LOL. 😉 We will also be turning off and unplugging most of our appliances since they obviously drain a lot of energy.
Lastly, on Sunday, we will be heading out to the annual “Cupcake Camp” being held, from 2-5pm at the Jack Purcell Community Center. I’ve registered as a baker, so don’t be shy to come by my area and sample some of my cupcakes.
No, these aren’t mine, I just liked the picture.:) This event is a good deal, because for $5, you can eat all the cupcakes you want. Cupcakes of all flavours, colours and sizes! Yum!