The lovely and always caffeinated Marie was tagged in a meme to list “10 things that make you happy” and I figured that I would also participate in this one since I’ve been sick lately and could use some perspective. 🙂 So in no particular order, here are 10 things that make me less cranky:
1. Hubby-Better than Prozac. He makes me happy every single day.
2. Music-Music makes even the grind more enjoyable and there are so many different styles out there! I listen to music on the way to work, during work, after work and on the weekends. I’d pretty much go ballistic without it.
3. Food-Y’know those chicks who go to a restaurant and orders a salad and just picks at it? Yeah, I am SO not one of those gals! I’m pretty much a bottomless pit who eats all day and never apologizes for it! And as most of you know, I love to cook and bake and relish the opportunity to conquer new culinary challenges.
4.My Art supplies-I love having something to obsess over and art provides a more ‘constructive’ avenue for this part of my personality. If anyone wants to model for me, please let me know!:)
5. Road trips and Vacations-There are few things in life more fun then just jetting off for sights unknown for awhile. Staying in the same place for too long with no breaks can get pretty damn boring.
6.My Furbabies-Animals make our house feel like a home. My cats torment each other, knock stuff over and kick their litter all over the floor, while our dog goes nuts on her walks, hoovers anything on the floor and jumps all over our house guests. But for all their “quirks”, they have a million positive attributes and we love them to bits.
7. My Shows-It is so nice to come home and watch my favorite series on television. I look forward to watching ‘Dexter’ and other series and shows every week.
8. Books-Like music and food, there is a cornucopia of books out there and we’re lucky in this society to have access to so many great works of fiction and non-fiction.
9. Yoga-With a qualified instructor, yoga can make even the most stressful days just melt away. I currently practice Hatha, but I’d like to try different styles. (Though I’m not sure I could make it through Bikram. Something about almost dying in a heated room doesn’t sound fun to me;))
10. Wine-Need I say more? 😉
Like Marie, I’m not going to ‘tag’ anyone for this meme. If you like it, then feel free to post it on your blog!