Meanie has nominated me for a blogger award. Yay! Thanks Meanie!:) Here are the “official” rules: “So, because we are adults, the award comes with rules. These are cool rules though because it is to encourage us bloggers to continue spreading the smiles and to get to know each other better in the process. Here they are:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.”
Admittedly, it’s difficult for me to pick only seven bloggers, because there are so many great writers out there, but here it goes:
1-Marie’s Blog Café : Marie writes about coffee, feminist issues, traveling and her family. Despite the serious political discussions, Marie also has a great sense of humor and writes about lighter fare as well.
2-Punch it In-Adventurous Kate dishes on her personal experiences from the point of view of a young, woman living in the ‘burbs of Chicago. It constantly amazes me how much I have in common with Kate and can relate to her feelings and experiences.
3-Quack Attack-World according to one cool Vancouverite who used to live in Ottawa. I met her last summer and she gave us a mini-tour of one section of Vancouver.
4-Pinklea-Another cool Vancouver chick. (Who I also met in person!) Pinklea writes about her experiences being a school teacher and various other subjects, like home reno and getting back into shape. (She’s doing a hell of a lot better than I am! LOL)
And from a more ‘male’ point of view…
6-Art, Movies and Whatnot-One of my new favs. Artman is a very talented artist, who also appreciates classic movies.
7-Blurt-Omawarisan satirizes the best (and worst) of today’s society.
7 Things about Me:
1. I love animals and the environment and try and do my part to respect and preserve both. 🙂
2. I keep having this dream where I am enrolled in two university science courses and its exam time and I have yet to study. Why? Anyone else have this dream?
3. There are a lot of “female” things that I hate/don’t understand-ie. Panty hose, chick flicks (If I see one more crapfest involving two people who initially hate each other but then fall in luuuv, I am going to scream!) most musicals (No one should be that happy), trend-watching, the obsession with certain cardboard/pretty boy male actors (McSteamy? Really? Meh!) Oprah, soap operas, babies and all baby-related merchandise, etc.
4. I’m a vegetarian but get tired of the somewhat limited food options and unprovoked criticism from certain hypocritical idiotic carnivores. Makes me wonder: I haven’t said anything to them about eating meat, so why are they criticizing me for not eating it? Don’t they always bitch about obnoxious extreme animal rights activists telling us how to live and yet they turn around and do the same thing? I don’t care what people eat, as long as they don’t plan on eating endangered species or serving me with a nice Chianti!
5. I used to do Jujutsu and it was the hardest thing (physically and mentally) that I’ve ever done. Serious torture on some days. But oddly enough, sometimes I miss it terribly and wish I could get my black belt. (Farthest I got was blue belt with two stripes)
6. I am not, nor will I ever be, a morning person. Need coffee to act human!
7. I am very curious and slightly morbid, with a fairly dry sense of humor and I can only stand to talk about boring bullsquat for so long. I love talking about all sorts of weird and crazy topics!