I’ve been busy painting the assignments that Jennifer has been giving me. She began teaching me not too long ago, so I don’t have a huge selection yet, but that should change soon. Mindfulmerchant asked to see some of my work, so here is one that I recently completed.
and here is my reproduction:
Technically, mine is unfinished because the lips and nose are supposed to be redder and there should be more shading, but I am happy with this result, so I’m going to leave it as is. Besides, I want to move on to creating my own original works. 🙂 The masonite panel that I used was also bigger than the print out, so that’s why it cuts off suddenly.( In case you were wondering)
This painting was really difficult. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not get the exact same colours as Courbet, the skin colour in particular, was hard to copy.
But I worked very hard on this and am happy with the result. This was strictly an educational exercise about how the masters worked, so obviously I won’t be selling it or putting it in any exhibition. But it is nice having my own little version of this ‘stressed out’ portrait. It makes me wonder what he was thinking when he created the original.
In other news: Hubby turns 32 today! Yay! Happy Birthday baby!! 🙂